Crescent Moon Alpaca Comforter
- Lightweight and warm, the Crescent Moon Alpaca Comforter is a very comfortable alternative to down, silk and 100% wool duvets. It’s a winter weight, perfect for cold nights without weighing you down.
The very soft yet strong, organically grown Alpaca fiber is blended with a small amount of sheep’s wool to produce more loft and hold fibers apart to allow better insulation. It’s covered in organic cotton and quilted through to prevent the fiber from clumping.
Learn how this alpaca comforter compares to other natural bedding.
- 100% cotton sateen cover 260 TC, SKAL and GOTS certified organic
- Filled with 70% Alpaca fiber and 30% sheep's wool
- Comforter Weight: Twin 4 lbs. 12 oz., Full 5 lbs. 6 oz., Queen 6 lbs.2 oz., King 7 lbs. 8 oz., Crib 1 lb. (Comforter weight is the total weight of fill and fabric cover combined.)
- Alpaca and sheep’s wool sourced from farms in BC and Alberta, Canada
- Naturally hypoallergenic, breathable and flame retardant
- Quilted with a crescent moon stitch to prevent fiber from shifting and clumping
- Dimensions: Twin 68" x 86", Double 78" x 86", Queen 86" x 90", King 90" x 102", Crib 24" x 54"
- Color: Natural
- Made in Western Canada
- Freshen your Alpaca comforter with air and sun. Place it outside under direct sunlight from time to time for several hours. When in use, keep it in a duvet cover.
We suggest you wash this product as seldom as possible. The less it’s cleaned, the longer it will last. If you have to wash your comforter it’s very important that you do not allow it to be agitated as this shrinks and felts the fiber.
Front Load Washer: Choose “wool wash” cycle then choose “light”. Use cold water and mild soap. When machine has stopped you can run it again on spin cycle to make sure most of the water is out. Hang to dry.
Top Load Washer: Fill machine with cold water and mild soap. Add comforter and let soak for 5 to 10 minutes. Plunge it up and down by hand to clean. Turn dial to spin. Allow machine to fill again with water to rinse. Don’t let it agitate. Turn dial to spin again. Hang to dry.
View full product details »