Kid’s Natural & Organic Mattresses: How comfortable are they?
A good-quality natural latex mattress or organic innerspring mattress will provide your growing child with the necessary supportive comfort she/he needs from toddler age through the teen years.
Which one supports and feels the best? You’ll find a well-made natural latex mattress and an organic innerspring bed both offer excellent support. However, the comfort-feel is uniquely different between the two types of mattresses.
Below we compare comfort-feel and support between our two most popular kid’s natural mattresses:
Natural Latex Mattress: Little Lamb Grow-With-Me Sleep System by Suite Sleep
- Medium-firm support provided by a base layer of 4" or 6" thick natural Dunlop latex covered with a quilted organic cotton casing
- Feels resilient but not bouncy
- Softly cradles the body without leaving body impressions in the mattress
- Excellent support and comfort for a toddler transitioning from crib to first “big kid” bed
- This natural latex mattress allows you to layer-on additional support and comfort as your child grows. When your child weighs approximately 65 lbs. add more plushness with the Little Lamb wool topper. And later on, around 85 lbs., add extra support with the Little Lamb 2” natural latex topper.
Organic Innerspring Mattress: Organic Cotton Quilted 2-Sided Deluxe by Naturepedic
- Medium-firm support provided by an innerspring system made with strong steel coils, heavy duty edge support and thick organic cotton padding
- Feels stable and moderately springy
- Gently cushions the body with layers of organic cotton padding and quilted cover
- This organic innerspring bed has an overall firm feel and provides very good support during all stages of your child’s development. Optional: add a wool or natural latex topper if a plusher feel is desired.
In addition to good support, there are many other features of a kid’s natural mattress that contribute to its comfort. Join us for upcoming posts about the natural materials and non-toxic flame retardants that make these beds a smart choice for healthy, comfortable sleep.